While networking at the Portland WordPress Meetup group I met a person that needed to migrate their old web site to a new Content Management System, so that they could update their own content without being a webmaster. I accepted the project and used WordPress as the CMS, then selected a theme called “Plain WP” because it most closely matched the simple look that they asked for.
To make the WordPress site look exactly like the old one, I made something called a Child Theme and modified a CSS file for:
- Using the font family Myriad
- Narrow the page to 700 pixels wide
- Remove the navigation breadcrumb and H1 titles
- Change the hyperlink colors to blue
- Remove the Comment section
- Match the paragraph formatting
This web site has a very simple look to it, which forces me to focus on the content, not the colors or layout.
Visit the live site here: www.kateertmann.com